¿Quieres reaccionar a este mensaje? Regístrate en el foro con unos pocos clics o inicia sesión para continuar.

5 participantes

I fucking love science

Aye
    Aye
    Campeón del mundo
    Campeón del mundo

I fucking love science Empty I fucking love science

Mensaje por Aye Dom Nov 10, 2013 2:53 pm

Creo que casi todos saben de este canal de FB

Propongo poner articulos tipo este hilo, ya sean de ellos o de otros. O sea curiosidades cientificas sean del espacio, animales, micromundo, etc... realmente increibles e impactantes y lo primordial es que sean VISUALES no parrafadas que pueden ser muy interesantes pero necesitan de una capacidad de concentración y analsis que quizás no todos tenemos, aparte que hay tematicas que no todo el mundo llega

Empiezo por esto

I fucking love science Original

This is unbelievable, but the fruit fly G tridens has somehow evolved to have what looks like pictures of ants on its wings. Seriously, its transparent wings have an ant design on them complete with "six legs, two antennae, a head, thorax and tapered abdomen." It's nature's evolutionary art painted on a fly's wings.

Recently spotted by the New York Times, the fruit fly is just incredible. Other flies in its family of 5,000 species have other type of markings on its wings but it's the G tridens that has something so intricate and so specific.

The idea of the ant design, as explained to The National by Dr Brigitte Howarth of Zayed University who first discovered G tridens in the UAE, is that these flies use their wings to ward off predators. The fly flashes it wings back and forth to make it seem as if the ants are moving around and that movement would confuse the predator. Nature's version of a tattoo, I guess.

http://sploid.gizmodo.com/this-amazing-fruit-fly-evolved-to-have-pictures-of-ants-1461247226
    Cani1710
    Cani1710
    Campeón del mundo
    Campeón del mundo

I fucking love science Empty Re: I fucking love science

Mensaje por Cani1710 Dom Nov 10, 2013 3:28 pm

Paseo por el sistema solar:

I Need Some Space from BlueDogFilms on Vimeo.

I need some space es un espectacular vídeo que nos transporta de viaje por el Sistema Solar. Todo lo que aparece en él ha sido creado por Shane Gehlert usando modelos en 3D y texturas de la NASA.
    Un breve recorrido educativo por los planetas, las lunas, y las naves espaciales. La música de fondo es de Zephyr.
    Aye
    Aye
    Campeón del mundo
    Campeón del mundo

Mensaje por Aye Miér Dic 18, 2013 7:31 am

I fucking love science 1452350_698281043526243_1092344193_n

Man Makes 3D Printed Prosthetic Hand For Son For Only $10

Thanks to 3D printing, high quality prosthetic limbs are cheaper and easier to obtain than ever before.

Twelve-year-old Leon McCarthy has been missing fingers on his left hand since birth due to lack of blood flow during his development. within the womb. Traditional prosthetic units to help people like Leon can run tens of thousands of dollars. In search of a cost-effective alternative, Leon’s father discovered a YouTube video by inventor Ivan Owen. Owen and Richard Von As from Johannesberg, South Africa began to collaborate on a high quality, low cost 3D printed prosthetic (which has already been covered by IFLScience). Because Owen and Van As do not hold a patent or charge to download the plans for the hand, the cost of materials is all that is required.

Despite the materials being inexpensive, 3D printers still carry a hefty price tag. Fortunately, Leon’s school owns a 3D printer and made it available. With only $10 in material and about 20 minutes with the printer, Leon now has a new “cyborg” hand with fingers able to close, which he sees as “special, not different.” The fingers are controlled by flexing the wrist, which pulls on cable “tendons” to close around the desired object.

Leon is now able to grasp his backpack handle, hand a snack to a friend, and even grip the handlebars on his bike just like any other kid with two hands. As Leon grows up, Paul will merely have to print another device to accommodate the larger wrist. Because the hands are so inexpensive to build, the two have been able to tweak different designs in order to find something to better suit Leon’s needs.

http://www.iflscience.com/technology/man-makes-3d-printed-prosthetic-hand-son-only-10

EL Guindilla
    EL Guindilla
    Campeón del mundo
    Campeón del mundo

Mensaje por EL Guindilla Miér Dic 18, 2013 8:08 am

Imaginemos pequeños robots, que viajan por nuestro torrente sanguíneo reemplazando a los glóbulos blancos, enzimas y otros organismos que nos protegen, atacando directa y exclusivamente a las bacterias, curando nuestras enfermedades, limpiando las arterias, corrigiendo los niveles de azúcar, colesterol u hormonas o apoyando al sistema inmune en su lucha contra las enfermedades. Esto seguramente que le hace recordar aquellas escenas de ese clásico del cine de ciencia ficción, todo ello es parte de lo que hoy se espera de la nanomedicina. Según se predice, también podríamos darle un giro inverso al proceso de envejecimiento y de esta forma, la muerte se vería cada vez más lejana. En este sentido algunos expertos se han atrevido a señalar que nuevos desarrollos en la nanotecnología podrían incluso llevar a la inmortalidad, en el momento en que se descubran nanodispositivos capacitados para modificar la estructura genética y celular del ser humano.

I fucking love science 12nv9mn

Prótesis de retina.

La esperanza de que las personas ciegas o parcialmente ciegas puedan volver a ver es cada vez mayor, a juzgar por los progresos que se están dando actualmente en el desarrollo de prótesis de retina.

Científicos de diversos centros han trabajado durante más de veinte años en el desarrollo de prótesis de retina, especialmente en Alemania, explica la revista. Con sus investigaciones se espera generar la tecnología necesaria para que estas próstesis lleguen a la gente de a pie, y muy pronto.
    Aye
    Aye
    Campeón del mundo
    Campeón del mundo

Mensaje por Aye Miér Dic 18, 2013 8:20 am

See The Invention That Just Changed Biking Forever

I fucking love science 2Q==

What is the solution to a greener, more physically-fit planet?  Biking!  Even though forward-thinking cities already use bikes for their transportation, the US has been lagging behind.  Even though biking is fun and practical, there are some drawbacks that may keep people from taking it up.  The most common reason why people don’t bike is the amount of energy needed to do it.

Meet the invention that’s going to change all of that.  Developed by researchers at MIT, this device snaps onto your bike and helps you conserve energy.  And it does it in an ingenuous, remarkable way.

It’s called the Copenhagen Wheel, and it stores the energy that you already use, and saves it for when you need it most.  Hills become flat, and you no longer have to expel loads of energy to get around.  Curious?  Watch the video for more information.  It’s a device so simple, you’ll be amazed at what it accomplishes.  It just might change the cycling world (and our planet) forever.

http://sharepowered.com/community/copenhagen-wheel-mit-bike-invention/

Aye
    Aye
    Campeón del mundo
    Campeón del mundo

Mensaje por Aye Jue Jun 26, 2014 11:10 am

Cani1710
    Cani1710
    Campeón del mundo
    Campeón del mundo